Batman #50


Okay, today is the day, Batman and Catwoman get married? Writer Tom King urge fans to avoid the articles for potential spoilers and if the worst had already happened, just give the comic a chance anyway. I did.

If you haven't read Batman #50 then STOP HERE and get it because SPOILERS are ahead...

Batman #50 begins with Bruce and Selina deciding that they should really just elope (all while beating up Kite Man). Pretty bad-ass to be talking about wedding plans while kicking ass, right? Bruce can find a judge, they’ll each bring a witness, and they’ll meet at dawn on the rooftop where Bruce proposed, about a year ago, to pledge their vows.


Alright, long story short...Selina writes a letter confessing that, in her mind, marrying Bruce is an act that would destroy Batman. "I wish I could give my life, but I can’t," she concludes. "I have to give more. My sacrifice is my love. It’s you. With all my love, Cat." Selina basically leaves Bruce waiting on that rooftop with his dick in his hand.


Batman goes off to...mope...Selina drops Holly off at Arkham before leaving town. We see her walk through its hallways to a basement room where she explains what happened to a veritable who’s who of villains who’ve appeared so far in Tom King’s Batman. The Riddler, Joker, Dr. Hugo Strange, Gotham Girl, and more stand before a throne of skulls. “He is...what I have made him,” Bane says from the throne. "The Bat is...broken."


In my opinion, I don’t care what the critics think. To me, Batman doesn’t give up when a girl gets killed, murder is what drives his sociopath. Batman doesn’t ‘retire’, he’s driven to undo something that can’t be undone. So, Batman will dust this shit off and do what he does best...kicking ass. And I can't forget, the artwork is amazing! I can't complain. 4 out of 5 🖕🖕🖕🖕 f*ck yeahs.


What's you thoughts on Batman #50...


Batman #50
Out Now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13

Preacher Season 3

Life Is Strange 2